-yllion (Knuth-Pelletier) does not have any direct clarification on the Internet but it does show how the system works on some websites.
This system functions like a long scale system of -illion as the number of zero is quadrupled instead of being doubled. This makes the number grows significantly faster than usual -yllion system.
For example, byllion in this system will be equal to 1032. While in normal -yllion system, the number will be tryllion.
The system also adopts the use of -iliard in the same manner as the long scale of -illion. For example, trylliard will be equal to sextyllion in normal -yllion.
- ↑ http://www.tvwiki.tv/wiki/Other_names_of_large_numbers
- ↑ http://www.bioreference.net/encyclopedia/wikipedia/n/na/names_of_large_numbers.html
- ↑ http://www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia/Attillion
- ↑ http://enc.slider.com/Enc/Other_names_of_large_numbers
- ↑ http://www.alain.be/boece/grands_nombres.html