10 (ten) is a positive integer following 9 and preceding 11. Since humans have ten fingers, base 10 (the decimal system) is the leading numeral system used by humans worldwide. Its ordinal form is written "10th" or "tenth".
- 10 is an even composite number.
- 10 is the 4th triangular number.
- 10 is the 3rd tetrahedral number.
- A ten sided shape is called a decagon.
In googology Edit
Due to its ubiquity as a number base, many googologisms are based on the number ten:
- All the -illion numbers and SI prefixes (deca- in particular is exactly 10)
- Googol, googolplex and their variants
- A large portion of Jonathan Bowers' numbers (aside from those based on 3)
- Almost all of Sbiis Saibian's numbers. Menger sponge is a counterexample.
In Greek-based number naming systems, 10 is associated with prefix deka-, and with prefix deci- in Latin systems.
Username5243 calls this number goonol, doonol, toonol, tetoonol, penoonol, exoonol, eptoonol, ottoonol and ennoonol, and it's equal to 101 = 101 = 101 = etc. in Username5243's Array Notation.
Googological functions returning 10 Edit
- Fusible numbers: \(m_1(2)=10\)