In the long scale, 109 is called milliard, whereas "billion" refers to 1012. These definitions are no longer used in English-speaking countries, but there are equivalents in other languages such as French and German.
This number is called one arab in the Indian number system.
- One billion seconds is roughly 31.7 years, and billion minutes is close to two millenia. 12:32 AM, April 29, 1902 marked exactly one billion minutes from 1 A.D.
- The internet contains more than a billion webpages.
- It would take 951 years for a faucet running on full power to waste a billion gallons of water.
- Gangnam Style, a hit single/music video by Korean rapper PSY, became the first YouTube video to reach 1 billion views in December 2012. As of June 2014, it is the most viewed video on YouTube, with about 2 billion views. On the other hand, Disney's Frozen is about 0.4 billion as of January 2015.
- The world population is around seven billion.
- The SI prefix giga- multiplies by one billion.
- You could make 1000 sand castles each containing a million grains of sand with 1 billion grains of sand.
- The oldest billionaire of all time was Walter Haefner who died at the age of 101.
- ↑ Billion at Wolfram MathWorld
- ↑ Rowlett, Russ. Names for Large Numbers. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- ↑ Aarex Tiaokhiao's illion numbers
- ↑ Part 1 (LAN) - Aarex Googology
- ↑ AAN Numbers - P1 - Aarex Googology
- ↑ Part 1 - My Large Numbers
- ↑ 
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Saibian, Sbiis. 2.1.4 - Everyday Large Numbers for a Modern World. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- ↑ Gangnam Style
See also Edit