New to big numbers?
Googology is the mathematical study of large numbers, their properties, and their nomenclature. If you're interested in the subject, but you don't know where to start, try reading about some basic functions and ideas:
You can also view a full list of the number names on the wiki.
Also, be sure to check out the links below.
Around the Wiki
Article Count Progress
We have reached 0% of our goal of 10100 articles.
Almost all positive integers are very, very, very large.
Got an idea or a creation to share? Sign up for Wikia if you haven't already, and create a blog post.
Found googology from a third-party source that isn't in the encyclopedia yet? Create a new article.
- March 4, 2015: The Second International Googological Olympiad has begun. Everyone is welcome to participate!
- January 27, 2015: One of our members has launched a little competition, The First International Googological Olympiad. Why not participate?
- December 9, 2014: We have a birthday once again: today Sbiis Saibian's One to Infinity turns six, congratulations Sbiis!
- December 5, 2014: Happy 6th birthday, Googology Wiki!
- October 1, 2014: Hey, Redditors! The /r/googology subreddit could really use some love.
- July 19, 2014: Want to talk to real googologists? We've set up the IRC channel ##googology on Freenode.
- February 11, 2014: Here is the 3000th article!
- January 1, 2014: Happy 2014!
- December 12, 2013: French Googology Wiki is here.
- December 9, 2013: Happy 5th birthday to Sbiis Saibian! Er, Sbiis Saibian's website.
- December 6, 2013: 日本語は話せますか？ Googology Wiki now has a Japanese version.
- December 5, 2013: FIVE YEARS!
- November 28, 2013: Please help us add information on some of the larger uncountable cardinals. (And happy Thanksgiving to our friends in the U.S.)
- June 15 2013: Googology Wiki in Dutch was created!
- May 8, 2013: We've just hit our 2000th article!
- March 30, 2013: Due to their importance to large number studies, we have decided to introduce articles about Cantor's ordinals! Check them out, or better, help us build them!
- March 19, 2013: We need your help with a new article, List of googological functions, which indexes various functions and notations using FGH.
- January 4, 2013: The community has decided to decrease the lower bound on number articles from 100 to 0. Help us create articles for the numbers from 0 to 99!
- December 9, 2012: One to Infinity, the e-book brainchild of Sbiis Saibian celebrates its fourth birthday!
- December 8, 2012: Googology Wiki is now four years old! Many thanks to all the contributors who have brought this wiki to what it is today.
This is a compilation of websites that may be of interest to large number enthusiasts.