An octillion is equal to 1027 in America, or 1048 in France and Germany.
In the long scale, 1027 is called quadrilliard, which is commonly used in France and Germany.
The number is also called tre-bitillion by SuperJedi224.
- 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 - short scale *1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 - long scale
- The earth has a mass of about 5.98 octillion grams.
- The mass of the sun is about 1.989 octillion metric tons.
- The volume of the sun is about 1.412 octillion cubic meters.
- An octillion dollars in 100 dollar bills would cover the US with a layer of 1000 km (625 miles) thick.
- One octillion square centimeters would just barely fit inside the orbit of Mars.
- There are over 7 octillion atoms in the human body.
- There is over 169.5 octillion ways to play the first ten moves in chess.
- The total volume of the sun is 1.4 octillion cubic meters.
- The Hungarian pengő had the highest rate of hyperinflation recorded, reaching 400 octilion pengős.
- interestingly an octillion had nothing to do with the number 8.
- ↑ Octillion at Wolfram MathWorld
- ↑ Names for Large Numbers
- ↑ Aarex Tiaokhiao's illion numbers
- ↑ https://sites.google.com/site/sjpgoogol/illions
- ↑ Saibian, Sbiis. Even Larger Numbers In Science and Astronomy. Retrieved 2015-01-24.
- ↑ iFunny.com 169 octillion ways in ten moves in Chess.
- ↑ http://www.space.com/17001-how-big-is-the-sun-size-of-the-sun.html